AtMail 6.0 Combines Advantages Of Advanced Webmail With Enterprise Email Requirements
Web Hosting News – Brisbane, Australia and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho – AtMail, a leading provider of easy-to-use, Linux-based email management appliances and software, today announced AtMail 6.0, its entirely re-tooled email system that combines the benefits of highly advanced Webmail with the control and security of in-house email. AtMail 6.0 eliminates the need for costly “boxed” email licenses, saves time and headaches associated with traditional desktop email management and provides a dynamic, single email interface for use internally or remotely via the Web.
AtMail 6.0 is designed for organizations that are looking for new, smarter and more efficient email systems that cost less, are easier to manage and promote improved productivity and collaboration through dynamic features like integrated email thread visibility and Web-based administration. It combines the growing benefits of cloud-based computing with the security and control many organizations require when it comes to email. AtMail 6.0 is a great, low-cost alternative to Microsoft Exchange and a more secure and robust offering than pure Webmail systems like Google’s Gmail.
[swfobj src=”http://http.cdnlayer.com/findmyhost/Parallels/300x250_money.swf” width=”300/250″ class=”border: 1px solid grey;” align=”right”] “We’ve spent the past year working with our global customers to develop a Web-based platform that will redefine how email is deployed, managed and used within organizations of all types and sizes,” said Ben Duncan, founder and CEO at AtMail. “Email is the lifeblood of how organizations communicate, and AtMail 6.0 takes aim at leveraging the benefits inherent in both on-premise and Web 2.0 email systems for end-users and IT managers alike.”
AtMail 6.0 extends its ability to deploy Web-based email and archival solutions to small and medium sized businesses, government and education institutions. Now organizations of all sizes can easily design and customize an enterprise-grade Webmail and server solutions to manage email and collaboration processes that meet unique demands and changing business conditions.
The new AtMail 6.0 features:
- Improved user experience:
- End-users now have a single interface for all email needs
- Conversation view of email messages, new thread support and direct reply capabilities reduces wasted time digging through old email and constant refreshing
- Flexible three-pane email interface provides a “one-shot” view of messages, threads and supporting data
- Improved, embedded HTML editing streamlines email composition
- Integrated address and calendaring includes Vcard support, photo thumbnails, contact groups and live search
- Improved performance and management:
- Built with AJAX for quick development of advanced features resulting in increased ease for users
- Integrated Web-based email management for remote install, upgrade and maintenance
- New Zend PHP framework, plug-in support and API using REST to manage user accounts and provisioning
- Complete Webadmin system for simplified mail-server maintenance, user control panel for remote add/delete of accounts, enhanced multi-server functionality
- SQL or LDAP authentication support
- Sub-administration capabilities for greater flexibility and selected delegation of specific domain management
“AtMail 6.0 is a scalable web-centric email system,” said David Ferris, senior analyst at Ferris Research. “AtMail’s offering is especially attractive to ISPs in developing countries, who want a rich email solution at an attractive cost.”
AtMail offers a complete suite of email messaging solutions that help more than 15 million users and thousands of organizations streamline and vastly improve the overall email experience. Self-funded and organically grown through word-of-mouth and grassroots satisfaction, AtMail has devoted its resources and energy to redefining and simplifying the email messaging experience from both an end-user and administrator perspective. Other AtMail products include email server appliances, groupware collaboration and web-based administration systems that can be integrated with virus and anti-spam solutions utilizing MySQL as the database backend. With an office in the U.S., the company’s headquarters are located on one of the finest surfing beaches near Brisbane, Australia.
Research, evaluate and learn more about Web Hosting at FindMyHost.com.